This is a LARGE game!
This is a LARGE game!
Eastern Forces Background (Andy, Ian)
Previous Order (to Guards) - Get to location afj725 ASAP, and secure ultra high priority cargo before expected interception. Possible NBC threat. All vehicles remain buttoned. Troops may exit to secure but wear full NBC.
Orders just received (10 minutes ago)
- Cargo under attack and has been damaged. Convoy static. Protection has been dispersed.
- You should be reinforced by the remaining stragglers within minutes - take command of these cowards and get them to form an outer defence immediately. Hopefully they haven't abandoned their RPGs as I suspect we may just need them!
- Await further orders...
(see Game 09 Supply & Demand for previous battle report)
Orders just received (5 minutes ago)
- [Secure Communications/localised] - Enemy armour spotted, approaching your West flank.
- Secure Package top priority
Orders just coming in...
Suspected UX hit and run team have contacted the Package. Condition unknown. Reports UX troops have now left the area. More sightings of Western armour seen to the West. Eastern troops in area ordered to regroup back to the convoy area and reinforce your position - expect stragglers to head back in small numbers. Await further orders.
Continue to and secure Package (all NBC troops and vehicles must be within 24" of Package's truck)
- Await inbound specialist team to determine damage to cargo (expect 2 black SUVs imminently)
- Officers in black SUVs will assume command. Expect relocation of Cargo to position "Natalia".
- Enemy Armorued Division spotted 15 miles west, so expect a recon, possibly light tank contact.
- 1 of our Guards Regiment and a Socialist Army Regiment are expected to attack the Western Forces within the hour. We need that package - get there and get it out!
Scrambled radio chatter intercepted.
Coming in now... (chat in brackets is still unclear):
[start]Tic Tac Toe N2 TP
Chocolates have soft centres
TTT eyes white
Little Ivan likes chocolates
Big Ivan (does not)
Outstanding. No wonder these tough guys are paid more than me! Now where the hell is my coffee?!
Er, comms are still open General
Eastern Ukrovian Guard (elite motorized troops)
3 T-90 (3 men crews with AKs)
3 BMP-2 (3 men crews with AKs) each carrying 7 men - see below
1 BRDM (4 man crew with AKs) carrying officer and Radio Op (AKs)
1 BRDM AT (4 man crew with AKs)
1 x ZSU23-4 (4 man crew with AKs)
BMP Platoon - Sections 1 to 3 - (all in NBC)
D10/10 (must fight as D8/D10 due to NBC suits)
Armour +1 D (Yes, armour below NBC suits (they are nuts))
NBC Section 1 (BMP-2)
1 Squad Leader with Pistol/AK
NBC Section 2 (BMP-2)
NBC Section 3 (BMP-2)
Eastern Socialist Army Forces (Stragglers)
These are Eastern forces from the previous game that are returning to the area, now the fighting has died down and Guards have secured the area (or more specifically the UX forces have now disappeared!).
- Starting Forces: roll twice at start and place at random hotspot, before game commences.
- Reinforcement Forces: roll for reinforcements for the following 6 turns. Place at a random hotspots. Troops are D8/D8 but have limited supply (-1 D)
Reinforcement D6 Roll:
Roll of 1 = a cow or a goat
Roll of 2 = 4 AKs
Roll of 3 = 4 AKs & 1 RPD
Roll of 4 = 4 AKs & 1 RPG
Roll of 5 = 4 AKs, 1 RPD & 1 RPG
Roll of 6 = 4 AKs, 1 RPG & 1 RPD in a BTR (HMG) (with 2 man crew)
Make contact with the Guards and help put up a defensive perimeter to defend against an expected Western Ukrovian Light Armour attack from the West (West Table Edge).
Western Side - (Mike, Paul, DaveR, Tom) Equipment and vehicle information to follow
[Mike] = Candyman UX1-2.1
[Tom] = Candyman UX1-2.2 (Tom has to sign the Official UX/Labotomy Act before/after play)
[Paul] = Fallen Angel UX1.2
[Dave R] = Titanic UX 1.2
[Dave W] = United States of Ukrovia - Recon Command A
After Action Report will follow....